CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Have an Egg-cellent Easter!


Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend!  I'm looking foward to sharing some of the crafty things my family has been up to this weekend.  "We put a little twist on our annual Good Friday Easter egg making day by covering some styrofoam eggs with pretty DSP.  Basically, we tore DSP into irregular strips approximately 1/2" wide by 6" long.  We used a foam brush to cover the back of the paper with Tombow Multipurpose Glue, and stuck them down onto the eggs.  I think they turned out quite pretty :)


Then I made a carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting............YUM!  The banner is made from Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limade, Calypso Coral and Wisper White cardstock.  It added just the right amount of decoration to mark the occasion. 


Next, it was time to decorate eggs with the kids.  This is alway so much fun!  This year, our inspiration was Natasha's awesome card:  Get Well Wishes that she made from the Make a Monster stamp set.  I LOVED this card.  I think it is one of the best cards I have ever seen made with this set.  TOO CUTE! 
I wanted to make a card with this adorable set based on Natasha's card that said "Have an egg-cellent Easter!", but in the end, we ran out of time.  It was such a busy weekend, and we had a ton of fun.  So, instead, I'll show you the little egg monsters we made that were inspired from this cute card.


Hope you have an Egg-cellent Easter!

0 comments: